When Common Sense Ain't Common: 10 Reminders
Sadly, Common Sense Ain't Common These Days.
What do you do you when things are aren't working? Find another way.
So often we get so comfortable and confident in what DOESN'T work and tend to remain stuck on this hamster wheel. But, do you know that you and I have the power to change and find out what works? A Pastor once told me "you're confident in what doesn't work. For example, you bought some paint to paint your walls white, but instead the paint has come out blue. Yet, you continue to find other ways to paint the wall white with the same brush and paint you bought. It doesn't work. Maybe it's time to buy another paint brush and the right white paint for the walls to be white."
Touche' my man, touche'.
Now, how many of us have found ourselves in a season of what that Pastor described to me? Stuck on the hamster wheel going around and around.
*Raises hand VERY VERY high*
It's funny how sometimes common sense ain't so common and easy when it comes to applying it to our lives.
You know if only we would just get off the HAMSTER WHEEL! It took me some time before I actually grasped the concept, but when I did, I had an "AHA" Oprah moment! LOL! Well, here are 10 tips that I've gathered from my experience and are served as reminder tea for when you get seem to get off the hamster wheel:
- Don't let your circumstances determine your fate. You have the power within to change.
- If it doesn't work, take note and move on. Don't stay there.
- Don't let your previous incapabilities determine your worth and strength
- When you figure out what works, STAY ON THAT PATH.
- Don't compare your life results to others; it's a dangerous path that can lead to self-destruction.
- Seek help from someone that's in a higher position than you. When I say "higher," I mean someone who's not in your situation and can pull you UP and OUT of your situation.
- Stay positive.
- When one strategy isn't working, find another. Don't get stuck.
- Don't quit.
- Keep smiling. things will get better.
I pray these reminders help you along your journey. Life isn't easy, but it's a heck of lot easier when off the hamster wheel, so get off.
- Top: Banana Republic
- Skirt: H&M
- Shoes: GAP